With St. Patrick’s Day upon us, we all want a little luck of the Irish. But, when it comes to caring for your teeth and gums, you truly need more than luck to ensure you’ll have a healthy smile for a lifetime. Daily care and regular checkups are essential to your dental health. What is lucky, is that dental care has never been easier and more comfortable than now.
The days of painful, lengthy checkups are over. Teeth cleaning is quick and pain-free – particularly if you commit to getting regular cleanings every six months. Haven’t been in a while? That’s ok. Even those who have neglected their smile for a while are often surprised how easy it is to get back on track with proper dental care.
What You Can Do Daily?
- There’s also plenty of healthy habits that you can incorporate into your daily life that will greatly improve your chances of keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
- Brush at least two to three times a day – ideally after each meal. Use a soft bristle brush and brush at the gum line for at least two minutes. Make sure to use a good fluoride tooth paste, too.
- Use an antibacterial rinse after brushing.
- Floss at least once a day to remove particles and calculus where your toothbrush cannot reach.
- Brush your tongue or use a tongue scraper to remove odor-producing microbes on your tongue.
- Irrigate your gums to increase circulation to tem and remove trapped food particles below the gum line.
- Eat right. This means minimizing your intake of starchy and sugary foods.
- Drink plenty of water.
Dental care doesn’t require a huge time commitment, and it can dramatically improve your chances of keeping your teeth and gums healthy for many years to come.
It’s your lucky day! Call Rauch Family Dentistry today to take advantage of the special $39 cleaning promo that includes a free exam, periodontal evaluation, oral cancer screening, and x-rays. You’ll be glad that you did!